Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunshine and Fresh Air

Being raised in the south I have heard my fair share of yankee talk. I always politely smile and nod, laughing on the inside. My Grandpa's family was originally from Boone, NC but moved to Pennsylvainia before he was born and that's where my southern roots end.  I love visiting the northeast for Christmas and an occasional week or so in the summer. Pat and I enjoy our 12-14 hour trek to Port Allegany, Pennsylvania.

This time of year I love that the lake in SC is like bath water and I like being so close to the beaches but when it comes to spending time outside,  there is not place like home! The trees are bright green and the grass is cool and soft. The air is fresh and there is a distinct smell that I instantly associate with Pennsylvania. Lillies grow wild and butterflies are always fluttering around. Sitting directly in the sun is enjoyable because there is always a breeze to keep you cool.

I would feel guilty if I didn't share some of the beauty of McKean and Potter counties - "God's Country".

Downtown Port Allegany

Sunrise view from the house.




 
 
One of my brother's beautiful roses.

On our walk through the creek to catch crawfish...






Barns and countryside...




I can always count on Pat to cheer me up when I am sad. I like to stay busy and keep my mind occupied so stay tuned for more adventures from the Northeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment