Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Man's Best Friend

Maggie and I spend a lot of time together. I enjoy our one-on-one time but nothing brings a smile to my face or a wag to her tail like Pat!

When he first started traveling, every evening, at about 7:00 she would lay next to the front door. I tried to tell her he wasn't coming home but it took a couple months for it to set in.

That's one of those things I don't quit understand...I feed her, walk her,  make sure she has her check ups but she still loves him more. I guess he is the happy one, and it takes a lot to make him mad, and he is always ready for fun. Not to mention that his disciplinarian skills are sub par.

On most days, this is what I come home to...
A lot of this look is the Hound in her but how pitiful?!

None the less I try to amuse Maggie. This week we went for a walk at Riverfront Park. It was HOT but we tried to enjoy it anyway.

I showed Maggie where Jenny and I used to live...
many great memories at Grandby Crossing!! 

Stopping for a quick drink.

She wanted so badly to play with the children in the water.
Boring 'ole Mom didn't let her.

My brother recently gave me some photography tips so I took this opportunity to try out my new skills. I love the way this one of the Gervis Street Bridge turned out!


Maggie can't talk but she is a great listener. She can't laugh but I know when she is happy. She can't give hugs but she knows exactly what to do when I need one! What if we wouldn't have taken in that flea infested, bag of bones we found in Beaufort 4 years ago? I don't know what I would do without my faithful companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment