Saturday, February 4, 2012

Harbison State Forest

Last weekend Pat and Maggie spent some time exploring Harbison State Forest. This weekend we all ventured out.

I had no idea how neat it is. We went on the "very difficult" trail. It's surprising how many hills and twist you have to go up and around considering you are in the middle of Irmo. I was pleasantly pleased.

If you look closely you can see the trail below. 

This was the biggest pine tree I have ever seen!
Pat and I stood on opposite sides and our hands just reached around.

What I like most about "hiking" is reaching the destination. For us, it's usually a waterfall or an overlook. What I liked about this trail was that it passes the Broad River.


When we reached the patch of rocks in the picture above the water level was low enough to cross.






Pat decided it would be worth it to spluge and pay the annual fee of $25 so I'm sure there will be more posts to come!

BTW: Happy 29th Birthday Shelly! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment