Saturday, February 18, 2012

Love is a four letter word

...and sometimes it feels like one.

Since we haven't quite hit the two year mark, Pat and I are still figuring out this thing called marriage. While we have so many more good times than bad, I'm still struggling to figure out why the bad times have to be at all.

This morning I was relaxing on the couch, sipping coffee and enjoying my usual Saturday morning routine. Flipping the TV back and forth from Dogs 101 to VH1 Top 20 Countdown, I heard a song that it so appropriate for love and the way it makes you feel sometimes.

I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz. From his album Love is a Four Letter Word.

"I won't give up on us,
 even when the skies get rough,
 I'm giving you all my love..."

Every once and a while I think you have to experience the tough times so that you can appreciate how great things are the other 90% of the time. For any of you that haven't already 'figured it' out I hope this song helps you see things the way it did for me. Love can feel different at times, but it will always there!

No comments:

Post a Comment