Sunday, February 12, 2012

Peace and Quiet

This weekend Pat and I went to Beaufort. It is so relaxing and every time we visit I am reminded why we chose to have our wedding there - it is so beautiful!



We didn't get down until the sun had set on Friday so we sat by the fire pit and ate dinner before I called it a night. I woke up early the next morning and walked Maggie to the point. When the tide is down she has lots of space to run.


The days were gorgeous and sunny... from inside. But outside the wind was crazy! I managed to bundle up enough to be able to bear eating lunch outside and enjoy the scenery on the waterfront.




No trip to downtown Beaufort would be complete without a stop at The Chocolate Tree!  Pat usually depletes their entire stock of chocolate covered almonds.


Sunday defiantly came too soon. It was hard to leave but now I'm home, refreshed and ready for a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment