Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

This year we had a quiet Christmas morning. Some family members were unable to make it, and while we missed everyone, it was nice to slowly wake up and take our time getting around. We eventually opened our presents and by mid-afternoon we were preparing Christmas dinner (by this I mean my mom). Pat and I do not generally exchange gifts so I was very surprised on the trip up when he insisted that we stop as we were passing Target. I tried to get some hints, but he wasn't budging and I was so surprised to open my new coffee maker!!!


Pat was also surprised with his Food Saver.
I would like to take the credit but it was from my parents.
Hey I thought we weren't doing gifts!!


And best of all was Maggies gift, made especially for her
by Grama Becky. It is so cute and looks just like her!!


By late afternoon the kids showed up. My nephews and niece have other grandparents to visit so by the time they get to our house they have done a fair share of opening gifts. But that doesn't mean they aren't interested in more...


Rick had Pat for the gift exchange
and he got some great grilling accessories!!


We finished the day with a big turkey dinner! We had a wonderful first Christmas as husband and wife and I am looking forward to the next 60!! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment