Monday, December 27, 2010

Let It Snow!

Pat loves the snow. I, on the other hand, am not as mesmerized by it. I think this partially because I grew up with it and also because it is just so darn COLD! My grandfathers house sits directly in the middle of the mountains. This is another thing that I am used to and Pat can't get enough of.  Pat spent a lot of time hiking the mountain ('the hill' as my family refers to it) with Maggie.




There were a few times he talked me into joining them. I love him for that! I forget how pretty it is and how much fun it can be.



Snow Angels!!

"Pat Loves Melissa"
So sweet!

Maggie loves the snow too. Well, actually, I'm not sure if it's the snow or the freedom she gets to run in it! As we made our way up the hill she would run ahead and then stop to make sure we were coming. The farther we went the more comfortable she got. We would call her every once and a while to make sure she wasn't sniffing her way down the other side. When we reached the top and Pat and I were hanging out playing in the clearing and all of the sudden Maggie showed up... She just sat down licking her lips. I took one look at her and said, "Pat, I think someone met a porcupine!" And sure enough, there she sat with 6-8 quills sticking straight out of her nose!! She didn't seem to mind them until Pat started pulling them out!!



Pat got them all out except two. So we headed back home for the pliers. On the way down we ran into Piston and Hemi, my brothers Shiloh Shepherds. If you would have seen them playing you would have never known she had porcupine quills stuck in her nose!


Yes! She put her nose in another hole!!!

Unfortunately, the burs on the quills were in too far and we couldn't get them out. We called the vet and took her in at 7:30 in the morning. The old country vet, that my parents have known for years, knocked her out and got them out without much trouble! And the best part was the bill...$40!! Any animal owner knows that it is unheard of to walk in and out of a veterinarians office for that, especially with anesthesia!!! All's well that ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment