Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hello Fall!

Last weekend brought me together with some of my favorite girls, once again! I can't believe that Jenny is getting married next month! I am so excited for her and we were all happy to shower the beautiful bride-to-be! The shower was on Sunday but the festivities started on Saturday when Jenny, Haley (and Denver) and Shelly (and Cruz) arrived! It was like old times but with better food and a few little ones running around. I can't believe we let another get-together come and go without getting a picture of the kids together. But here are a few highlights from the weekend....



The soon-to-be Mrs. Walter!!!

The bridesmaids


Denver loves to push and Lily loves to ride....match made in heaven!



This weekends weather was wonderful, it feels like fall! We have a family trip planned for later this month to a big pumpkin patch in the upstate but Saturday morning Pat suggested we go to a local farm to pick out a pumpkin. In true Stier fashion, we pulled up to the pumpkin patch just before 5 pm. We looked at a few, mostly posing Lily for pictures and before I knew it Pat wondered off. I tracked him down just in time to hear the young girl working the register say, "I never thought anyone would buy one of the big ones!" What?! I know he didn't do what I think he did, did he? Yep, he bought the biggest pumpkin they had. I think he loves having a child to use it as an excuse to do all of the childish things he has wanted to do for so long. His response was, "That's the one Lily wanted!"


Obviously, this isn't the one she chose!



My little pumpkin!

And, naturally, all she wanted to do was play in the dirt!

Oh and did I mention the pumpkin was so big that the farmer had to use his tractor to put it in our car?! 




I'm not sure what we are going to do with the massive pumpkin but if anyone lives in the Columbia area and is interested in getting a picture with the giant pumpkin, come on by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment