Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What a weekend!

Friday was a big day for Lily and an exciting one for me....Christie and I took her to the fair! She loved the farm animals. She touched everything she could and reached for every animal we passed.



 She loved the goats!



 "Grandma Christie, do you see that funny bird?!"

 The chicks!


 She tried her best to climb in there with them!

 Piggies!



Cocky!!!

I would have loved to see her reaction, but I decided not to purchases tickets for rides because it was so HOT! Lily was happy enough with the animals and her corn dog and fries.


Her eyes lit up when Christie gave her the whole bucket!

Pat got home relatively early on Friday because he had big plans of his own. Anytime the weather permits, he rides his jet ski(s). Not only was the weather perfect but some friends of ours just got a new boat that puts out a pretty outrageous wake that Pat couldn't wait to jump. We watched as he jumped from one side of the boat to the other. One time in particular, he got some good air but missed the landing. He gave a thumbs up and we slowed down to give him a change to catch up. When he reached the boat I heard him say, "I cut my leg." He did another pass or two as we headed back to the dock. Lily and I met him back at the house and when he sat down for me to clean his "cut" I almost lost it. I quickly poured the peroxide so I didn't have to look at the very deep gash. I put some gauze and tape on it and sent him to urgent care. He ended up with 5 stitched on the inside and 9 on the outside! Yikes!



The adventure didn't end there, Saturday we were scheduled to have 13 pine trees cut down in our yard. You probably don't remember this, but when we moved in I blogged about "giving myself a year" to get the house the way I wanted, well....I need to change that to 5 years! The status of our home has, finally, gone from plain 'ole work, to a work in progress. Now that the ball is rolling I realize how much there is to do. The interior has taken a backseat while Pat works on creating our outdoor oasis. The tree removal is making way for more grass, sunshine and thriving hardwoods. Between Pat's buddies taking down the trees and others stopping by for a recap of the boating incident, our Saturday was nothing short of entertaining!


Lily is already enjoying the change!

We also started the process of staining the house (not ourselves, but professionals) and I love the way it looks so far! Slowly but surely.....




No comments:

Post a Comment