Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!

We are not the type that spends our weekend at home. We are usually on the go or out and about but this weekend we enjoyed the nice weather from our own house! We opened the blinds to let the sun in and kept the back door open so the dogs could come and go as they please.


"Are you guys kidding me? This is just plain embarrassing!" - Maggie


The last two weekends I have planned meals and made dinner. Thursday night I even made an apple pie! Not that I am bragging though, those few meals have amounted to more than I have cooked in the last year...it's hard to find the motivation when cooking for one! I joked that my maternal instincts kicked in when we got the puppy! :)

I ran out to grab some groceries and noticed a familiar yellow powder covering my car. Oh no, pollen! I popped a Zyrtec and tried not to think about the symptoms to come. What promoted my trip to the grocery store was the idea of enjoying an afternoon in the backyard, eating something cool and refreshing. After a short time in the kitchen I joined Pat and the dogs outside while the blackberry frozen yogurt churned inside!


The first batch we made was so good we couldn't stop. We decided that the apple pie would be even better if we had vanilla frozen yogurt to go on top...and we were right!!!

This morning we met up with Jon at the property that will one day be the new Stier Supply Company. Maggie tagged along as they walked the property, during which time Molly and I explored everything the fenced-in area had to offer.



Now I am sneezing, sniffling and wiping my eyes but I couldn't think of a better way to spend this holiday weekend than hanging with St. Patrick himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment