Monday, March 25, 2013

Boys Will Be Boys

I may have been the odd man out this weekend but our furry friends helped balance out the genders. A month ago Pat planned to have "the guys" down to the creek house in Beaufort to watch basketball. A few weeks later it changed to "couples weekend" then everyone bailed so it became "dogs weekend." Brad, Jesse and his dog Tule stuck out the rainy weekend with us. 

Saturday afternoon shaped up to be nice so Pat and I took the dogs for a walk. When the tide is low the marsh is a playground for them, Maggie loves it! Molly is not the active dog that Maggie is, she is more low key and cuddly (which I love) but after some observation she joined her big sister running and sniffing.


 



After our walk we started a fire and hung around outside as long as the weather would permit. This is when I learned that boys will be boys!

Exhibit A: Who Can Climb the Highest



I missed the beginning of this contest but once Pat started up the giant live oak I decided to give it a try myself. When he got to the same point as Jesse he decided to break the tie by jumping from one large branch to the other. I said "Wait we need the camera first!" And the next thing I knew he on the other branch....and then he wasn't. He slid off the branch! I looked down just as Jesse extended his arms to catch him (yeah right Jesse, but good try!). The impact of the 10 foot fall knocked them both down and they fell in opposite directions.


As illustrated in the diagram, Pat went from point A to B and finally to C. It was hilarious!! We would be $100,000 richer if I wasn't in that tree and had caught it on video....priceless!

Exhibit B: What Does a Shock Collar Feel Like? 




 Exhibit C: Log Splitting  

I think Brad came out on top with his one arm swing.

Oh boy, will boys be boys! Luckily everyone made it out unscathed!

Sunday afternoon the neighbor kids knocked on the door to see if they could take Maggie and Molly for a walk. These same neighbors fed Maggie, Ginger as they called her, and gave her shelter under their deck before we discovered her and took her home with us. The little boy and girl next door have loved her ever since. Maggie loves to roam the point and we always know when she is spotted, "Ginger, I mean Maaagggie!" It is so cute!


We enjoyed a good time with old friends while our furry companions had a good time with new ones. Molly and Tule have the potential to be best buds....if Tule can reduce her speed by 100 mph and Molly gets out of my lap long enough to run after her.



No comments:

Post a Comment