Wednesday, November 7, 2012

On the Road Again


This weekend was Anacapri's baptism. I am thankful we live close enough to be able to share in her special events. She looked adorable, as always, in Shelly's Grandmothers gown.





As for the remainder of the weekend....you guessed it, mountains again! But this time we had company, Ryan and Haley. We left the planning up to the boys and enjoyed chatting while taking in the scenery from the back seat. We started off with some easily accessible cascades leading to Bird Rock Falls.



Next we went for a short but frigid hike to the top of Balsam Knob. The mountain is bare; Pat told a story of how wooly mammoths were responsible for the lack of trees. I'm pretty sure he came across this information from a reputable source but I have learned never to trust (or repeat) his 'stories'. The openness made for a great view and Maggie loved the freedom to run.




I am always saying that I am in a perfect position geographically. I am equal distance from Haley on the coast and Shelly in the mountains. Thank goodness for great friends/family!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, the post I've been waiting for...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete