Sunday, November 25, 2012

Deck the Halls

Today we drove home from Greenville, unpacked our things and jumped back in Pat's truck to get our Christmas tree!

I love this time of year so much that I rushed into it. I put up our mantel decorations a few weeks ago, I just couldn't wait!


Pat and I don't agree on television shows but we do agree on music so we spend a great deal of our time listening to our favorite songs. This time of year Christmas music is what we love! We have a tradition when it comes to trimming the tree, Christmas music plays in the background, candles burn the scents of the season and the yule log plays on the TV. I was worn out from our long weekend but I didn't let that compromise my beautiful tree. My Aunt Sandy has given me an ornament every year for as long as I can remember. She and my Mom have the most beautiful Christmas trees, it must run in the family.


I know that everyone puts up a tree and those of you that follow my blog have seen mine every year but they are so beautiful! When it comes to the tree I don't hang things here and there and everywhere. I am very strategic, I move things around for days before I feel like it is perfect (that means it's not perfect yet). This is when I feel like my house is the most warm and inviting. How could you not want to sit and gaze at the twinkling lights?! I love it and the holiday season is only beginning!!

It is truly the most wonderful time of the year!
I have Christmas music playing while I type...savoring every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment