Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rent-A-Kid

My brother and his family come to visit once a year so when they are here I try to spend as much time with the kids as I can. Unfortunately, having a job really gets in the way so my time is limited. One thing that Pat has made tradition is going to Friankies Fun Park. As usual we started off with the go carts: 1st place - Dylan, 2nd - Pat and Emily and 3rd - Me and Issak. And we were not just 3rd we were LAST but I was thankful that Isaak didn't care and he assured me that "it doesn't matter" what place we finished!

We added laser tag to our trip this time and it was a big hit. Half way through our game I ran into Pat (literally) and told him to lay off the younger ones - yes I am the Aunt that always lets them win! When we finished and got our scores Dylan was, again, in 1st place with over 6000, I was in second around 2000 Isaak and Emily to follow with scores in the 1000's and Pat was dead last with -275!! Ahaha! I guess he didn't need my advice! He was hit more times than he fired so he was in the negative!

After all of the running around and sweating it was game time...


I know this picture is a little blurry, but Isaak doesn't like having
his picture taken and he is smiling in this one!

Deal or No Deal - where Dylan won a lot of tickets.


 I am very thankful that earlier in the day Rick and Krista had taken the kids to Frankies to play putt-putt and a few games. They instructed me that all of the tickets were to be put together and then split up evenly at the end. Thank goodness, no fighting over tickets!! By the end they had almost 2000, largely in part to Dylan who spent most of his time playing the games that gave the most tickets.

To end our successful night on a good note....Pat said he was going to pull the car around. As we walked out, we passed a few other teenagers with their families, and there was Pat with the windows rolled down, and the radio on full blast, "Come on kids, load up!" he yelled with Justin Beiber BLARING in the background! I know they were embarrassed (especially Dylan) but they couldn't help but laugh!

Almost everytime we see each other they are asking, "Remember when...." followed by a story about something we have done in the past. I hope they will always remember all of the fun we have together and how much I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment