Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter

As I mentioned in my blog last year, one of my favorite things about Easter is that my brother, Rick, and his family come to visit. And as usual we spent the day at the lake.

This year the temperature has been unseasonable warm but as the Baumgarner family made their way south the temperature began to drop. Last week the highs were in the upper 80's and this week the highs were in the mid 70's! I felt so bad that it was going to be "cold" when they got here. As the car pulled up to the house Friday night and everyone unloaded, my niece, in short sleeves and a skirt asked, "Why is it always so warm here?" and I responded, "I was thinking it was a little chilly!" So when we walked into the backyard at the lake on Sunday I wasn't surprised to see Emily in the water having the time of her life.



And the boys - fishing, fishing, fishing...

He would be embarrassed that I used a  picture of this
little fish but I can't help it, he just so cute!

And just before Issak gave up, BOOM he got one - a bass!

And now here's Dylan's big daddy. An 18 inch pike!
They are really rare in Lake Murray.

We ended the evening with a relaxing, sunset boat ride...


Little white dog with brown ears (Daisy)
 and big white dog with brown ears (Maggie).

Poor Emily fell was rolling down the stairs (for fun) -
notice the nice carpet burn on her head!

And our captain for the night...

Dylan with no hands...Yikes!



And it wouldn't be Easter without sugar cookies. This is another thing I missed this year due to my pesky job!

The footballs have each of the boys #'s and initials on them.
The carrots were a new one this year, aren't they cute?!

Because everyone was together and I wasn't in town to celebrate my birthday with my parents (for the first time in 30 years) my mom surprised me with a cake. Not just any cake, a shoe cake! What could be better than a new pair of shoes?? One that you can eat!!


I am looking forward to this next week and  some great family time. I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment