Sunday, April 22, 2012

Big, BIG Weekend

It all started on Friday morning. Governor Nikki Haley choose Stier Supply Company in Irmo for the location of her press conference regarding local, small businesses and jobs in South Carolina.





If you are interested in seeing the full newscast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_SVBQlATc

As soon as the Governor left the building, the stomach pains that Pat had been experiencing all morning escalated so he went home to rest.  About an hour later, as Becky and I were finishing our lunch, I got a call from Pat. He was not in good condition, he had come down with the flu or food poisoning. I rushed home with some soup and ginger ale. After 3 hours he finally fell asleep, I took that to mean that things were on the up and up. So I decided that I would get ready and attend his cousin, Billy's wedding. I left a note and quietly snuck out.

The wedding was nice and a good chance for everyone to catch up. One of my favorite parts was the photo booth, what a blast! As the reception was coming to an end I glanced up and saw Pat! After his nap he felt much better and couldn't resist missing out on the wedding.

Notice our matching lipstick, compliments of JuJu!

Saturday was JuJu's last day in South Carolina so we all spent the day at the Stiers for quality family time! JuJu is such a girl. She loves her makeup and nail polish. Pat and I left the house for a few hours and when we came back I thought that Becky and Haley had gotten in a fight, their faces were black and blue. Then I realized that they had been playing beauty parlor (so sad I missed out on that one). But in addition to the girly girl, JuJu is a ball of energy! I kept telling her that she was a monkey. I love that she will climb right up in your lap and snuggle, even if only for a few seconds. Then she's down on the ground, crawling up your legs, sliding down, doing handstands, rolling around. I was tired just watching her! 


JuJu and Maggie love each other!

Luckily we will get to see all of the Jacobs very soon! Can't wait!

When we came home this morning the first thing I did was check on Car and the babies! All 3 birdies have hatched and they are so (ugly that they are) cute!

Look how fuzzy they are! I wonder when they will open their eyes?!

Car keeping a close watch from above.

Now we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Kenney's. Shelly and Rob are officially South Carolina residents!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that the Kenney's are now officially South Carlina residents! I miss them already!

    ReplyDelete