Friday, November 5, 2010

Lets play catch up!

Pat proposed in November of 2009. As the sun was setting at his families house in Beaufort, he called me outside to the dock and popped the question! His family was just returning from a boat ride and Shelly got a couple of pictures to document the occasion.


We were married in May in Beaufort, SC. It was everything I had ever imagined... Small church ceremony, garden reception, and lots of dancing, smiles, friends and family!
I DO!!


The best friends in the world!


After a quick wardrobe change Miami Vice showed up
and the dancing really got started!

Of course, Pat showed off his killer moves on the dance floor!

Our wedding day was the best of our lives and we have enjoyed ever minute together since then!
In June we took a trip to New York to celebrate the next big event for the Stier family...Shelly and Rob got ENGAGED!!

The newly engaged couple! Congrats!

Washington Square Park.




In July we had our 2nd annual 4th of July party at my parents house on Lake Murray. We did it last year and everyone had a great time so we decided to do it again and this year we were fortunate to have a few extras show up! It was blast!





In August we traveled to Pennsylvania to visit my family. The trip is always fun for us and seeing all of my family makes me so happy. It was so great to be able to show Pat what we did and where we played when I was little. Uncle Tom gets two thumbs up for his tour guide ablities. We went to the reservior and walked through the creek I played in when I was little. Our trip ended at our old swimming hole. Every time Pat is around my family it makes me love him even more. He fits in perfectly and loves every minute it. It makes my heart melt when I hear my nephews and niece call his name or correct each other - "...not Pat, he's Uncle Pat!"

New River Gorge

This is how we travel in my tiny car...
Why am I the only one who looks happy?!

The reservoir

Maggie followed us the whole way down the creek


Eveything is so beautiful!

Uncle Tom and Pat caught tons of crawfish.

Just before we reached the end, Rick and Issak showed
up to join the fun.

Family photo after church - Grandma would be so proud!

Our last day in town my dads cousin Phil took us on the greatest 4-wheeler ride through the mountains. We saw deer and the most beautiful rolling hills and farm land. We love the mountains and hiking and we try to make it to North Carolina a couple times a year, but nothing compares to ride we had that day.







In September, Pat and Wes entered the Boone Hall Plantation BBQ and Bluegrass festival. They camp out the night before the competition and cook all night. Part of the judging is the setup and theme of each contestant and because boston butts are their meat of choice they decided to roll with that (the pictures explain it all). This was their second year in the competition and team Rub It In came in 5th place overall. We were all so proud!




A few weeks ago we went to Beaufort for the weekend with Becky and some of her friends. The weekend was filled with fun and great food. While there, we revisited the church we were married in and took a little trip to Hunting Island State Park. I love Beaufort - everything is so pretty and being there brings back great memories!

The church we got married in was what I always imagined...
A small historic church with lots of character. The church was
established in 1833 and the spanish moss and palm trees made it perfect!



500+ steps later we reached the top of the lighthouse. The views were great!



And FINALLY that brings us up to date...
Last weekend Haley and Jenny came into town for the Tennessee game. It was like to the good 'ole days. We went to Salty Nut on friday night, woke up on Saturday, sipped coffee and then all ran around like crazy trying to get to the game on time! Got to love game days!


Maggies first Carolina game!


THE END of the worlds longest blog post!



No comments:

Post a Comment