Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Spring, is that you?

Spring has been giving us good warning of it's upcoming arrival; popping in and out much to our enjoyment! After a wonderful warm day of playing outside and wearing "no long pants" Lily is sure to thank God for bringing back summer in her nightly prayers. Although, it makes it harder to bare the days when the temperatures dip back down but we will take whatever we can get!







We had a Stier family ski weekend planned but the weather changed so we decided that Cora and I would skip the rainy weekend and Pat and Lily would enjoy some solo time with Papa Jon and Uncle Jody. This worked in my favor because it also happened to be the same weekend my besties family was celebrating her and her little one! Boy, was she surprised when Haley and I popped in; tears of joy and everything! So much love for Jenny and Baby Walter!



The cold days allowed for fun time indoors. Lily loves to help in the kitchen and Cora is just about tall enough she's ready to join in too!






Then there was Valentines Day. My husband is not your typical romantic....at all. But when he does something, he does it right! Heart Day, as Lily calls it, fell on a Wednesday so the girls and I did what we always do on the days I work and had dinner at my parents. When we pulled into the driveway I was shocked. It was lined with candles, continuing up the walk to the sweetest message from Pat.


It's not the greatest, but this video gives a slightly better idea of what it looked like.




I believe Lily loved it more than me! (Cora had already fallen asleep)  He also had balloons and a card for the girls. He didn't know it was Valentines Day until late afternoon when a coworker mentioned it. I guess he figured he had a little bit of time to come up with something and as he always does, he made it memorable. This is another example of Christie shining through him. He can take something ordinary or expected and make it so much more!

The following weekend I headed to the annual Stier Girls Weekend. We had a wonderful time together, leaving rested and recharged!







We rounded out February doing what we love most, being outside!



Yep, that's a wet suit she is wearing and yes, they went for a jet ski ride in February!




No comments:

Post a Comment