Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back to Us

A few weeks ago Lily and I went to see Pat for the weekend. He is staying in a quaint little cabin while working on his current series of jobs in Georgia so it made sense for us to make the trip and better yet, it is in the middle of the mountains! We started our weekend off in Helen, GA. After a stroll around town and some playing in the Chattahoochee River we enjoyed a fabulous authentic German meal.



The next day we set off for our first hike in, gosh I don't know, a year and a half?! It felt so good to get in the car and ride through the mountains.  I used to love being trapped (so to speak) in a car together. It was our one-on-one time, with no distractions. We have missed that!

On this trip, after lunch at a small roadside restaurant we visited "Goats on the Roof". The first thing I saw when we walked in were....babies! 2 days old!!! Thank goodness they weren't in need of a home or our family of 5 would have become a family of 6. 



We bought our food..... 

 Put it in the bucket.....

 And sent it to the goats!....


Next we ventured to Tugaloo State Park. Pat loves visitors centers of any kind especially when there is a boring video involved. Oh did I say boring?! Yes I did! I like seeing the sites but, as sad as I am to admit, I don't care about the information. Every so often I agree to sit through one, that's where my sidekick comes in. Lily made it about half way through before she decided she was bored too (thanks Lil :))! Then we were off.....



A few years ago I wouldn't have considered this a "hike" but after a broken foot and bed rest it was totally a hike. Most of the trail was lead by very nice man-made, metal stairs. No big deal right? There were 562 of them.....one way!



 

Day two we were up bright and early. I wasn't sure what to expect from my legs so we chose another easy, paved path to Anna Ruby Falls.





We took a short trip up one of the trails for Maggie


Lily even pulled her own weight on the way down by walking Maggie!

Everyday Lily grows and changes and with that so do our lives. I am looking forward to growing as a family and making more time for the things we love. It takes some time and thought to pull them off these days but it is important to us that we remember who we are. And it works out perfectly that Lily loves taking in all of our adventures on the chest of her main man!


No comments:

Post a Comment