Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sunshine, Fresh Air and Family

The weather has been up and down the last few weeks but we have had some really nice weekends. We spent the days enjoying the outdoors and working in the yard. I can't believe how much my feelings towards our house have changed the over the past 3 months. Now that I am able to walk around and do things for myself it is great! Having coffee in the rocking chairs, swinging with Lily on the porch, watching the dogs greet everyone that walks by....it has given me a whole new perspective. I spend less time obsessing over the things that need to be done and more time envision all of the possibilities for the future. I can't wait to start a garden and while I enjoy our fire pit made of cement blocks I love the idea of the real deal one day! I have looked around for the perfect spot for a play set and this next one may never come true but...chickens! I would love to have our our eggs and goats too!!

Anyway, enough dreaming, back to reality. Lily is definitely our child, she loves the outdoors! A couple weekends ago was our first opportunity to really enjoy it!

Her first set of dirty nails!

And dirty socks! Oh and she drools just a little....wink, wink!

So cool in her shades

She loves when Daddy holds her up high and swings her around.

 I am obsessed with hats, bonnets in particular!!!


This last weekend we spent bittersweet time with family as we remembered Pat's Uncle Tracy. There was lots of story telling and laughter. One life passed on and many new ones are starting. Spending time with Lily's cousins is always fun, throw in a few second cousins and family we rarely see and any situation can be made enjoyable.





We wrapped things up with our own St. Patrick's Day celebration! 



No comments:

Post a Comment