Monday, August 19, 2013

"Where have you been?"

I have heard that a lot lately. I managed to throw out 4 posts in a few weeks hoping to make up for my absence. My broken foot has put a damper on our summer so in my defense I haven't had a lot to blog about.

I am a private person when it comes to personal matters, even the happy kind. I figured as time went on I would update with pictures that would give away our big news but that's beginning to look unlikely so I'm just going to throw it out there....I'm pregnant!

That means we got Molly in early March, our offer on the house was excepted a few weeks later and by closing we discovered we were expecting! Two weeks after we moved in to our new home I broke my foot and two weeks before I was relieved of my boot (X-rays looked good, yay!) I was put on bed rest. Whew! Did you get all of that? 

"To blog or not to blog," I asked myself. I know that most people don't want to read something that is going to leave them feeling bad and I cannot STAND the thought of people feeling sorry for me but many of you already know that we are expecting so I decided to come out with it. After all, the whole purpose of Stier Clear is to let everyone know what's going on in our lives. 

At our 20 week appointment the baby looked perfect! Pat and I excitedly watched as they scanned every inch of our little one, leaving the ultrasound thanking God for our healthy baby. A few minutes later the doctor came in and delivered the bad news - bed rest. Long story short, I am now 25 weeks and my battle with preterm labor continues. Everyday is a celebration and every week brings relief.

I am counting my blessings and spending all of my time keeping this little guy/girl comfy! This whole process took longer than expected but I consider us lucky that it happened after just a year. I enjoyed the first 5 months of pregnancy, feeling fabulous and carefree. We have so much to be thankful for with the support of our family and friends making the top of the list! Thank you so much for all of your calls, texts, visits, thoughts and most of all prayers....keep 'em coming!!


3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS to you and Papa Pat! So very, very exciting!! Such a beautiful, life-changing adventure awaits... :) :)

    -Lindsay (Meek) Luton
    docmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa! Congratulations! I just wanted to let you know that I have added you to my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how hard things have been, but I have faith your little guy/gal will stay put until he/she is strong enough to kick life's butt! xo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessie! Your blog archives came in handy in the early months although I felt guilty bc I've had such an easy pregnancy (well until recently:)). I hope your family is well!
      P.S. Cameron is too cute!

      Delete