Sunday, August 5, 2012

An Ideal Situation

I have been blessed in the family department. Not only immediate family but I couldn't ask for more when it comes to in-law's (my brothers wives included). For those of you that may not know my sister-in-laws happen to be my best friends!

To make a long story short... Shelly (Pat's sister), Haley (Pat's sister-in-law) and myself have been friends since high school. My relationship with Shelly was almost instant. We had Spanish together my sophomore year and that was the beginning of it all.



Haley and I took a little longer to cultivate a relationship. We all cheered together and it didn't take long for me and Haley to realize we had a lot in common. One of those things being our non-committal relationship with cheerleading and secondly our need to have as much fun as possible!




Our lives post high school took us all in different directions. Shelly and I did a decent job of staying in touch but 2004 was when we all began to become family.


Since then I married Shelly's brother and Haley married her other brother, therefore we have the most ideal in-law situation EVER! While most couples argue over which family to spend holidays with I am tore between the two.

That brings us to this weekend...

My mother-in-law, Christie and I went to Greenville to help Shelly and Rob prepare their new home for the arrival of their new baby! They recently purchased the perfect house to begin their lives in the south as well as accommodate their growing family. We stripped wallpaper, moved boxes, cleaned moldings and managed to squeeze in quality time. I love their new home and I cannot wait for our family weekends together there.

I also can't wait for the BABY. Despite my hopes and all of Christies prayers the baby didn't come this weekend but I have my phone charged and ready for that call.

Shelly stopped mid-trim of the bushes to pose for one last picture pre-baby!

Come on Baby Kenney your room is ready for you!


2 comments:

  1. OMG, she's huge! I can't wait till she pops! And I'd love to see the inside pics of the house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I always tell Shelly how lucky you all (including Haley) have the perfect family, where your sister-in-laws are your best friends even before becoming family. That is very rare to find and it is awesome. Second, we are cheering on Shelly to have that baby!!!

    ReplyDelete