Sunday, March 18, 2012

Camp Whale Branch

This weekend Pat was at the creek house hosting the annual "Dudes Weekend" so I decided to tag along...kinda. I spent the weekend just down the road at Aunt Susan's and Uncle Jack's--Camp Whale Branch.




Becky, Christie and I drove down Friday evening and picked up Kaylee along the way. Unfortunately, Uncle Jack was absent due to back issues but we enjoyed a nice girls weekend (minus Big Jon). Friday night was shagging and line dancing. A short rain storm that night helped wash away some of the pollen so we were able to enjoy a nice bike ride on Saturday. I might have been the youngest of the crew but I found it to be quite good exercise. All of the other women seemed to be unfazed but I definitely had sweat on my brow when we returned home!

After a little relaxing and some lunch we were back outside ready for a trip in the kayaks. It was a perfect day for it and so much fun!

Becky showing off her skills!

Me... so happy!

All the girls: Kaylee, Becky, Aunt Susan, and Nadia.

After dinner we played some games, looked at old pictures and before I knew it Saturday Night Live was on (which was my queue to hit the sack). After a page or 2 of Twilight I was out like a light. Thanks so much to Aunt Susan for hosting! We had a great time and I can't wait to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment