Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Race Life

Two days after our vow renewal we jumped in the car; headed south for Pensacola, FL for Pat's first jet ski race. I wasn't sure what to expect and was mostly nervous about him getting hurt. The waves were huge and he's not used to riding in the ocean. It was more of a learning experience for him than anything. He came in 6th out of 9 (I believe) and left planning his next race. I would be lying if I said I was wholeheartedly on board with this, but if it's something that he's passionate about than I'm not going to stop him. So jet ski life here we come!

The trip was so much fun! The races were within walking distance of our hotel so the girls and I could hang but the pool and walk down to see Pat race (as well as watch from our balcony). If this is what all of the events will like, then I could get used to this!











Almost all of the restaurants had seating on the beach and playgrounds for the kids!

The morning we left Pat took the girls for a dip in the pool while I packed. They had the whole thing to themselves! Can you find them?



As far as I'm concerned Pat is walking away a winner. 1) He isn't injured 2) He finished the race (his only real goal) 3) We had a wonderful family vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment