Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Merry Christmas!

....a belated Merry Christmas that is! For those of you feeling snubbed because you didn't receive a Christmas card from us, don't! I didn't do one this year. I drafted it and put it in my cart but didn't get around to placing the order in a timely manner. So, here is what I planned on sending out and what I planned on posting at a more appropriate time (like Christmas).





The week before Christmas we took Lily to see the lights on the river. I heard there was a Santa there but didn't expect much.  We decided to go on a Monday to avoid the crowds. I wasn't expecting to walk in and see a very authentic looking Santa with no line at all! Anacapri taught Lily about Santa aka, "Sammy" over Thanksgiving so we have had many conversations about him. I picked her up so she could see and her face lit up! It was at that moment I regretted not putting her in the Christmas dress I had set out (I didn't even take the time to fix her hair!). She squeezed my neck tightly with excitement and went right to him when he prompted her to sit on his lap. He asked what she wanted for Christmas and she answered, "Presents!" We continued on through the lights and she went "snow" tubing a few times. It was a great way to get in the holiday spirit dispite the unseasonable warm weather. 





Speaking of warm weather, we had our Christmas sweater party in 75 degree weather!....but we had a blast!



Notice they are all eating? That's the only way we could get them
to stand there for a picture. And we are still missing one!

Hopefully I will get around to posting about what we are currently doing before Valentines Day! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment