Wednesday, November 25, 2015

TWO

That's right, Lily turned two on Sunday! We did the same thing as last year; family, chili, and cake. This year I was so much more excited. We haven't really bought her gifts yet but I had a long list of things I would have loved to get her. We decided a few months ago that we were going to get her a trampoline. She loves to, "Jump high, to the sky" so I couldn't resist.

Her first gift arrived in the mail on Saturday. I was like a child; I couldn't wait one more day for her to open it, I insisted she do it immediately. She opened the box, pulled out the newspaper and swooned over it, "Whoa, cool!". I urged her keep looking and soon she found the good stuff. She loved it and carried her "pets" around all weekend!

I am so lucky to have the best friends and family that love Lily so much. My good friend Jenny came in town to hang out and celebrate the birthday girl. She was also roped into babysitting (Denver, while Ryan and Haley went to a wedding) and party prep. Lily loves balloons so I wanted to surprise her with them when she woke up but didn't want to run out in morning so I picked up a small helium tank from Walmart. Jenny and I sat on the floor after Lily and Denver went to bed filling balloons and tying on string. After about the 15th balloon Jenny starts laughing, really hard. While reading the box and discovered that the balloons only lost 7-9 hours. Duh! I knew that! That's why I wasn't going to get them until morning. I was in prep mode and completely lost my mind. Luckily most of them stayed up until morning so I greeted Lily in her bed with a giant bunch of balloons. She was speechless! She literally just stared at them before jumping up and down with excitement. She drug them around with her all morning. She would grab one, say the color (getting it right about half the time) then give it a kiss! So cute!!!



Thank you Jenny, for helping to make my girl so happy!


Her reaction when Anacapri arrived was priceless!



We ate, opened a few presents, cut the cake, then went outside for the big reveal!









I'm not sure if she was more excited about her gifts or all of the people cheering for her.




Her gifts weren't enough to distract her from the puddles!

She wanted to wear a "hat too?!" like Anacapri.



We had a blast celebrating the fastest, most fun two years of my life!

3 comments:

  1. 2 years already? Shes beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you doll baby. Happy, happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! She is so adorable! And her and Anacapri are the sweetest!! ~Shannon

    ReplyDelete