Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Different Point of View


Pat and I refer to this blog as 'ours' but I am the one who does all of the writing and I take most of the pictures therefore things are always from my perspective. Our recent vacation left us bound to a car for many, many hours. I filled some of that time looking through Pat's phone. While browsing his pics I found that he has documentation of everything he has done over the past 6 months.

My sister-in-law, Jenny and her family have made a tradition of compling a CD of the Stier's favorite songs for the year. My choice this year flew off of my tongue, it wasn't until later that I realized my song was written for my husband. The Lucky One by Alison Krauss and Union Station.

You're the lucky one
So I've been told
As free as the wind,
blowin' down the road
Loved by many, hated by none
I'd say you're lucky 'cause I know what you've done
Not a care in the world
Not a worry in sight
Everything's gunna be alright
Cause you're the lucky one

This boy is everywhere. He is somewhere different every week, sometimes everyday so he has seen a lot! Starting with the first picture in August here is Pat's life...

August 12:

Greenville, SC - Anacapri's birth

August 15:
Spruce Pine, NC
This stray dog kept showing up at the job sight. He was going to be Maggie#2 (sharing her love of spaghetti and all)  but never showed up on the last day of the project.

 August 20:
Mount Mitchell State Park, NC

August 26:
 Prosperity, SC

August 28:
Columbia, SC
Working with your best friend, not a bad deal!

September 1:
Brevard, NC
.
September 10:

Bayou La Batre, Alabama
Home of Forrest Gumps "best good friend," Bubba

September 20:
Highlands, NC




You're the lucky one
Always havin' fun
A jack of all trades a master of none
You look at the world with a smilin' eye
And laugh at the devil as his train goes by


September 23:
Columbia, SC
Maggie giving the "if I look at you out of the corner of my eye, you
don't see me" look. She really wanted to go for a ride!

September 27:
Isle of Palms, SC
O Happy Day

September 28:                          
Michael and Gina's Wedding



October 4:
Tennessee


October 22:
Andrews, North Carolina


October 26:
I-20 SC 

October 30:
Western North Carolina



Well you're blessed I guess
By never knowing which road you're choosin'
To you the next best thing
To playin' and winning is playin' and losing...

November 12:
 North Carolina
Our favorite gas station
November 27:
Asheville, NC

December 3:
The Biltmore House


December 6:
Another day on the job

December 26:
Port Allegany, PA

Maggs and her PJ's

December 28:
Ellicottville, NY

December 31:
 Port Allegany, PA

You're the lucky one I know that now
Don't ask you why, when, where or how
No matter where you're at, that's where you'll be
You can bet your luck won't follow me...
'Cause you're the lucky one.


No comments:

Post a Comment