Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Linen Closet Catastrophe

When I open my linen closet I like for everything to look uniform. I have a particular way of folding towels and sheets. Towels, that's the easy one (even though Pat can't seem to get it); in half, in thirds and in half again. Sheets are a different story. I'm not sure how I mastered folding a fitted sheet but I know I learned it from my mom. My abilities have been admired by my friends and per their request I am going to attempt to demonstrate how I fold a fitted sheet.

Stand holding the sheet by two adjacent corners with the sheet inside out (starting with the shorter side is easiest) . Place one hand in each of these two corners.


Bring your right hand to your left, and fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left.


Reach down and pick up the corner that is hanging in front; bring it up, and fold it over the two corners in your left hand; the corner that's showing will be inside out.


Bring the last corner up, and fold it over the others; with its right side showing. It should lay over the other three corners.


Now all four corner should be gathered


 Lay the folded sheet on a flat surface and straighten it into a rectangle. I use the dryer or in this case the couch.


Then fold into thirds


And thirds again


Then I place the pillowcases on top


And finally, wrap the flat sheet around the fitted one and the pillowcases.


And there you have it, a set of perfectly folded sheets! Now there are no excuses for balled up fitted sheets cluttering your linen closet (or in my small house, a linen hole).


I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures (it's hard to do by yourself) but I hope that you try it and have success with the never ending battle of man vs. fitted sheet!

1 comment:

  1. Cleaners Mile End Fill a bucket with warm water and add 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Then use the mixture for your everyday floor cleaning. The best thing about lemon juice is that it kills bacteria and germs, neutralizes the bad odours and removes stubborn stains easily. Moreover, it is a natural and cheap ingredient that cannot harm your health.

    ReplyDelete